When someone hears the word DVDFab, the first thing that comes to mind is DVD Copy software. However, DVDFab is much more than a simple DVD copier. It has a variety of copy and conversion tools to handle practically any DVD copy/ripping needs, such as removing DVD protections, copy protections and region codes, copying, ripping and converting Blu-Ray, converting video to your specifications, and transferring converted files to iPod, ZUNE and PSP. The following article is a DVDFab Review of the different products and features of the brand, together with actual testimonials I have gathered from various websites.
What is DVDFab Briefly
DVDFab is a brand of software tools dedicated to the work on DVD and Blu-Ray Copy, DVD and Blu-Ray ripping, Video Conversion and protection removal from DVD and Blu-Ray disks. This brand has been in the market for more than 8 years and is considered one of the most reputable and trusted software products in the area of DVD/Blu-Ray management.
- DVDFab DVD Copy is the most popular product of the brand. It is a DVD copy/cloner/burner/decrypter that will remove all copy protections (it has built-in CSS decryption), copy any DVD, burn to any blank DVD, compress content, write output to a folder or image on your hard drive, and can even copy damaged and scratched discs. With its eight copy modes it makes copying a DVD a snap.
- DVDFab Blu-ray Copy removes Blu-ray copy protections and can clone, burn, decrypt or copy any Blu-ray disk. It can burn Blu-ray to any blank DVD or Blu-Ray disk, including DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL . There are four copy modes, allowing you to customize your Blu-ray copy. It supports PAL and NTSC Blu-ray and multi-core CPUs for faster copy performance.
- DVDFab Blu-ray 3D Ripper removes Blu-ray protections and converts Blu-ray 3D to 3D video files, retaining the 3D effect. The output ripped video file format can be AVI, MKV, WMV or MP4. The output video can be retained in the same definition as the original (at 1080p) or converted to 720p according to your needs. With the editing tools, you will be able to customize your video effects. There’s also a shutdown function which will automatically shut down your computer as soon as the conversion process is complete.
- DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD Converter is used to convert any Blu-ray to DVD-Video disc, in DVD format, which can be viewed with any DVD player. It removes all copy protections. DVDFab Blu-ray to DVD converter is independent and converts Blu-ray to DVD without the help of other utilities. It converts files in batches and the output produced is outstanding with the least loss in quality.
- DVDFab DVD Ripper can rip and convert any DVD into popular audio or video formats. You can set the video format, audio format, output audio track and subtitle, and video effect. It has over 10 output modes and 50 preset profiles. The main purpose of this tool is to rip DVDs in order to transfer the resulting video content to other devices such as iPod, iPad, PS3, Xbox etc.
- DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper can rip Blu-ray to video files that can be played on next generation consoles, such as the Xbox 360, and mobile devices like iPod and iPhone. It can also rip to audio formats. There are currently 9 preset conversion modes.
- DVDFab Video Converter converts video on your PC to video formats that can be played on multimedia devices. It can also convert DVD to all video formats, and it can even extract audio only from video. It has over 10 converter modes available suitable to convert video according to the destination device that the video will be played on, such as iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP, ZUNE, NDS, Xbox 360, Apple TV, PS3 etc.
- Passkey for DVD and Passkey for Blu-ray are used to remove encryption on DVDs or Blu-ray disks. These tools remove copy protections and region codes so you can watch any DVD or Blu-ray without restrictions.
Pros: DVDFab’s simple interface and strong feature set makes it one of the best programs we evaluated.
Cons: Slight color distortions may be noticeable on large HD televisions.
The Verdict: After familiarizing yourself with the list of features, copying a perfect DVD will be a breeze.
It’s true that you can get software to copy DVDs free, and one of those products might be perfectly capable for your needs. However, if you are like me and have a few precious DVDs that are slightly damaged and unreadable by other software, DVDFab is a lifesaver and well worth the price. In my testing, it was the only software that could reliably copy any DVD I threw at it regardless of condition.
I’ve sampled quite a few various programs that will backup any movies you’ve got, whether it be copying the disc to another disc, or to the hard drive as a DivX file, or whatever other format it chooses. They seem to take a very long time, much too long to bother putting up with on a regular basis. DVDFab will zip through a movie and copy it to a DAT file a lot faster than anything else I’ve tried. Whats more, it gives you the option to copy to blank DVD and will even split the movie among two disc if it happens to be on a Super DVD that holds twice as much info and so can’t be simply copied to a regular DVD-R. It also makes everything look so simple, you wonder why others haven’t managed to master the same thing…
What I’m saying is….DVDFab kicks ass PERIOD
DVDFab supports batch conversion, multi-core CPUs and NVIDA CUDO technology for faster operation. All DVDfab software products are easy to use for beginners and also offer customization options for more experienced users. Preset profiles make everything simple. You don’t need any knowledge about output video formats in order to use the software. Products work with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32 bit or 64 bit). DVDFab has several special offers, bundling together various DVDFab products, with savings from $26 to $160 on the final price. DVDFab’s Blu-ray Toolkit includes all of DVDFab’s Blu-ray apps with a huge discount. Also, DVDFab All-In-One package includes all of DVDFab products in a single package again with a big discount tag. Other bundles are available, such as DVDFab DVD Copy plus DVD Ripper, DVD Passkey plus Blu-ray Passkey, and others. In addition to the bundles, DVDFab is currently offering a 20% discount on all their products, making it a great time to order.
Note: Tech21Century.com does not advocate the unlawful distribution of DVDs or Blu-Ray disks. Purchased DVDs/Blu-Ray should be copied for backup and archival purposes only and you should not copy DVDs/Blu-Rays that you rent. You should also know that it is considered illegal to break the copy protection code on a DVD/Blu-Ray.
Filed under: Software Product Reviews
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!