Remove Total Security Virus-How To Remove Total Security Virus Easily
Total Security 2009 is a rogue program that claims to be a legitimate antivirus tool but it is actually a malware. It has its origins to the Antivirus 360 which was also a rogue security software. Total Security Virus impersonates the Windows Security Center showing fake alerts that your system is supposedly unprotected. The main intention of Total Security virus is to scare the user in order to purchase the rogue software.
Total Security virus is very persistent in staying alive on your system. It hijacks your Internet Explorer thus blocking your ability to visit legitimate security sites for downloading antivirus tools. It also prohibits the user from opening the windows task manager saying that “task manager has been disabled by your administrator”. I have found a solution for cleaning up Total Security 2009 after searching around. Let’s see together how to do it:
- Go to Start>Search>For files or Folders
- On the left side of the search window, select the option “All files and folders”
- Under the field “All or part of the filename” type *.exe
- Click on the “When was it modified?”, select “Specify Dates” and on the drop down menu select “created date”. Below that, enter your current date in both “from” and “to” fields.
- Hit the Search button. It will find an executable under the following folder:
- Browse to the above path. If you don’t see the folder “application data”, then go to Tools>Folder Options>View and Select “Show Hidden Files and Folders”
- Maybe the folder numbers at the end will be different in your case, but they should be under the application data path. Go to the folder and rename it. Then Restart your computer.
- After restarting, the malicious program will not find its executable to run it, so hopefully you will be able to run your antispyware tool.
- Download Free Trial of Spyware Doctor Here and perform a free scan of your system. It will find all files associated with Total Security on your system. The free version of spyware doctor is for scanning purposes. To clean up the infection you will need to register the program.
c:/documents and settings/all users/application data/10176254
Another tip for removing Total Security, is to use the “sysinternals” process explorer at the following link. (http://live.sysinternals.com/procexp.exe). Run the program and find the process tsc.exe. Click the Red X button to kill the process. You may also find a process with a random number. Kill that one as well.
Tagged with: total security virus
Filed under: Virus Removal
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!