com.samsung.android.fmm stands for “Find My Mobile” and it is a pre-installed application on Samsung devices that allows users to remotely locate, lock, and wipe their device in case it is lost or stolen. It also includes features such as backing up data, tracking the device’s location history, and remotely accessing the device’s camera and microphone.
Here’s some more information about the com.samsung.android.fmm app:
- The Find My Mobile app is available on most Samsung devices, including smartphones, tablets, and smartwatches.
- To use the app, users must first create a Samsung account and enable the Find My Mobile feature in their device’s settings.
- Once enabled, users can access the app from any web browser or another Samsung device by logging into their Samsung account.
- The app allows users to remotely lock their device, display a message on the lock screen, and even ring the device at maximum volume to help locate it.
- In case the device cannot be located, users can use the app to remotely wipe all data from the device to keep their personal information secure.
- The app also includes a feature called “Smart Lock” that allows users to set trusted locations or devices that will keep their device unlocked for convenience.
- Overall, the com.samsung.android.fmm app is a valuable tool for Samsung users to help protect their device and personal information in case of loss or theft.
How to Fix com.samsung.android.fmm if Crashed?
If the Find My Mobile app on your Samsung device has crashed, here are some steps you can try to fix it:
1. Force stop the app: Go to your device’s Settings > Apps > Find My Mobile > Force Stop. This will stop the app from running in the background.
2. Clear the app’s cache and data: While still in the Find My Mobile app settings, tap on Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data. This will remove any temporary files and reset the app to its default settings.
3. Update the app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Find My Mobile app installed on your device. Go to the Google Play Store, search for the app, and tap on Update if available.
4. Restart your device: Sometimes, simply restarting your Samsung device can help resolve app crashes and other issues.
5. Reset your device: If none of the above steps work, you may need to perform a factory reset on your device. Note that this will erase all data and settings from your device, so make sure to back up your important files before proceeding.
If the issue persists, you can contact Samsung customer support for further assistance.
How to Locate Your Phone with this app?
To use Find My Mobile to locate your Samsung phone, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Find My Mobile website on a web browser or open the Find My Mobile app on another Samsung device.
2. Sign in to your Samsung account using your email and password.
3. Once signed in, you will see a map with your registered Samsung devices listed. Select the device you want to locate.
4. If your device is turned on and connected to the internet, its location will be displayed on the map. You can zoom in or out on the map to get a better view of the location.
5. If you can’t see the location of your device, you can click on the “Refresh” button to update the location.
6. You can also use the “Ring my device” button to make your phone ring at maximum volume, even if it’s on silent mode. This can help you locate your phone if it’s nearby.
7. If you can’t locate your device, you can use the “Lock my device” or “Wipe my device” buttons to secure your personal information and prevent unauthorized access.
Note that in order to use Find My Mobile to locate your phone, you must have previously enabled the feature on your device and have it connected to the internet. Also, you must be registered with your Samsung account.
Is com.samsung.android.fmm spyware ?
No, com.samsung.android.fmm is not a spyware. It is a legitimate pre-installed application on Samsung devices that provides a range of useful features to help users locate, secure, and manage their devices.
The app is designed to be used by the device owner and requires the user’s Samsung account login credentials to access its features.
However, like any app, it is important to be mindful of the permissions you grant it and to only download apps from trusted sources to avoid any potential security risks.
Some Advantages of Using Samsung Find My Mobile App
Here are some advantages of using Samsung’s Find My Mobile app:
1. Locate your device: The app allows you to remotely locate your Samsung device on a map, which can be especially helpful if you’ve misplaced it or if it’s been stolen.
2. Lock and secure your device: If you can’t locate your device, you can use the app to remotely lock it and display a message on the lock screen. This can help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
3. Back up and restore data: The app allows you to back up your Samsung device data to the cloud, including contacts, messages, and photos. You can also use the app to restore your data to a new device.
4. Ring your device: If you’ve misplaced your device, you can use the app to make it ring at maximum volume, even if it’s on silent mode. This can help you locate your device if it’s nearby.
5. Remotely access your device’s camera and microphone: In case your device is lost or stolen, the app allows you to remotely access your device’s camera and microphone to help locate it or gather evidence.
6. Smart Lock: The app includes a feature called Smart Lock that allows you to keep your device unlocked in trusted locations or when connected to trusted devices.
Overall, the Samsung Find My Mobile app is a useful tool for Samsung device owners to locate, secure, and manage their devices.