With everything in the world being ‘smart’ nowadays, why shouldn’t your home be? And what better way to ensure home security than a smart doorbell? Smart doorbells allow you to instantly identify who is at your front door. This makes it easier to avoid any unwanted visitors.
The Skybell HD and Ring Pro are two video doorbells that have made their mark in the home security industry. They’re durable, reliable and feature rich. So, how do you decide which one to buy? Below, we have compared the two to help you make an informed decision!
Table of Contents
Before discussing the details of each product lets see their main features side-by-side.Table could not be displayed.
Brief Review of the Skybell HD Video Doorbell
The Skybell HD Smart Doorbell is as stylish as it is reliable. The doorbell grants you top-notch security for your house. You can instantly know who is at your door without getting up! To make it easier to identify people, the doorbell features 1080p HD video quality.
Furthermore, the doorbell refuses to leave you blind at night. It is equipped with a full-color night vision to ensure the highest level of security at all times.
Worried about your bell becoming a victim of rain? The doorbell is actually weather and rain proof. It can easily tackle all kinds of situations.
Moreover, the Skybell is quite easy to install. In fact, the process is so simple, you can do it yourself.
Even if any unwanted visitors don’t press the button, the high tech motion sensors instantly detect them.
In addition, you can access the live feed from your front door through the smartphone app or access the free cloud storage and watch any footage recorded and stored on the cloud.
What’s more is that multiple users can access the doorbell. This way, your entire family receives alerts when someone’s at the door. Additionally, you can record the videos (free cloud storage) and can review any missed visitors. Lastly, you can use the app in quiet mode to turn off the chime in case you have a baby sleeping!
- Includes HD 1080p video recording and colored night vision.
- Free cloud storage for 7 days (new recordings override the old ones).
- Color night vision.
- Weatherproof and rain-proof.
- Motion sensor detection.
- Live Video and Snapshot features.
- Two-way audio and video communication.
- Wide Field of view at 180 degrees.
- The motion sensor can give false alerts sometimes.
- Cannot be accessed through the web.
- No custom motion alert zones.
Brief Review of Ring Pro Smart Doorbell System
Featuring advanced technology in a sleek, elegant package, the Ring Pro is one of the most trusted names in the market.
This product makes it easier for you to answer the door in the safest way possible. The smart video features allow you to watch your visitors in 1080HD quality just like the Skybell.
Also included is two-way audio so you can speak to any unknown visitors to know their business. Furthermore, the motion sensors can instantly detect any movement and alert you. In fact, you can customize the motion sensors to target a specific area you want.
Also included is infra-red night vision so you can keep your home secure even in the dark. The best part about video monitoring with this product is that the app is compatible with both smartphones and PCs. The Live view allows you to watch your doorbell 24/7 whenever you want.
Moreover, the device is weather and water resistant so it can tackle the toughest of conditions and still keep you safe.
The cloud recording feature (paid subscription) ensures you can watch out for missed visitors and even messages anytime! Lastly, the Silent Mode allows you to switch off the doorbell in case you don’t want to be disturbed by visitors.
- 1080HD Video quality.
- Easy to use and install.
- Can be accessed through a web app and phone app.
- Includes two-way audio communication.
- Weather resistant and durable.
- Features live video and customizable motion zones.
- 160-degree field of view.
- Night vision is not full color.
- More expensive
- Does not include free cloud storage (only paid storage with subscription)
The Skybell HD and the Ring Pro share various common features with each other. These are:
- 1080p Resolution: Both the doorbells feature 1080p HD video quality. This makes it easier to identify your visitors.
- Alerts: When any visitor presses the doorbell or even any signs of motions are detected on your front door, both the apps send alerts and notifications to your mobile.
- Silent Mode: In case you don’t want to wake the baby or simply want to turn off the chime, the silent mode allows you to do so. Both the doorbells include this feature.
- Continuous Power: Both the doorbells are hardwired and do not use batteries. This means no more hassles with charging or changing batteries.
- Back up: The best part about these doorbells is that they are backed up by their respective manufacturers in case of theft.
These doorbells have many similarities and a few differences which can help you decide between the two. These differences are:
- Night Vision: While both the devices feature night vision, the Skybell HD has better quality. It includes full-color night vision, while the Ring Pro has an infrared light which means black and white video.
- Field of View: The Skybell HD features a 180-degree field of view while the Ring Pro has a 160-degree It doesn’t make a huge difference but if you’re going for superior coverage, the Skybell HD is the way to go.
- Customized Motion Zones: The Ring Pro features an advanced motion detection technology that allows you to customize the 8 motion zones. This ensures advanced motion coverage. On the other hand, the Skybell HD uses a regular motion sensor.
- Cloud Storage: The Skybell HD offers you with 7-day storage for absolutely free. At the same time, the Ring Pro features cloud storage with a pricing plan only.
- App: Both the doorbells offer you complete control with a smartphone app. However, the Ring Pro also comes with a web app or a desktop app to allow for more control options.
- Operating Temperature: If your home is located in a freezing location, then you might be better off with the Skybell HD which can function from -40 to 140 degree F. However, the Ring Pro cannot function below -5 deg F.
Overall, the Skybell HD and Ring Pro both include various benefits and drawbacks. In the end, the debate boils down to what you want. The Skybell has better night vision, a wider field of view and free cloud storage. However, the motion detection is more simplistic compared to Ring Pro.
On the other hand, the Ring Pro allows for more security coverage with custom motion zones and allows you to store a larger number of videos on the cloud storage (although you have to pay for it). However, it does come at a higher price.
- Netgear Arlo Pro 2 vs Pro 3 vs Ultra – Security Cameras Comparison
- Arlo Q Vs Q Plus Vs Arlo Pro/Pro2 Security Camera Comparison
- Blink XT/XT2 Vs Netgear Arlo Pro/Pro2 – Security Cameras Review 2021
- 6 Popular Gadgets to Make your Home Smarter
- 5 Best Budget Robot Vacuum Cleaners For A Small Home in 2020