Enterprise server virtualization is a rapidly emerging technology that has made its way into the I.T data center of almost every company. Consolidating servers into a single hardware and using virtual server machines can help the enterprise save a lot of money and also improve management and security of the whole I.T server infrastructure. The leader in virtualization is of course VmWare. The company develops virtualization software for desktops and for enterprise environments. VmWare desktop software requires an underlying operating system, while the VmWare enterprise software can run directly on server hardware without any third party operating system.
The virtualization software technology is such an expanding field that the demand for VmWare professionals is steadily increasing. In 2008, Vmware and Cisco have announced a partnership to offer joint data center solutions to customers. Therefore, even Cisco professionals will have an advantage if they get experience on virtualization technology.
VmWare Vsphere and ESX Server are two of the most popular enterprise level data center products that need to have dedicated and highly trained professionals to install and manage them. Training for Vsphere and ESX Server is not widely available from training companies because it is a highly specialized and focused subject. Basically you have two main options for getting a good training course for these two VmWare products:
1. Attend an official VmWare Training.
• Several delivery options are available, such as classroom training, live online, onsite etc
• If you want to become VCP certified (Vmware Certified Professional) then the official Vmware training is the best choice.
Very expensive and some times can not be offered in all countries.
2. Get a trusted Video Training Package.
The most popular and best value for money video training for VmWare is offered by Trainsignal.com. I speak from experience here because I have some colleagues who used the Trainsignal training for both Vsphere and ESX Server and they were very satisfied.
• Best value for money
• Self-paced training. You just need a computer at your home to get trained at your convenience.
• You get a training level similar to that of a classroom based training. A real expert instructor teaches you everything you need to know for each technology.
• No risk to you because of the 90-Day Total experience guarantee. (This guarantee is offered only from Trainsignal by the way).
• The training material come in various formats, such as video, PDF notes, audio etc.
• If you need to become VCP certified professional, then VmWare requires you to attend one of their education courses, so a video training package will not be accepted for getting a VCP certification.