The data we have in our smartphones might be more valuable than our wallets. Electronic data however can be lost for a million reasons.
You have to constantly back up your electronic devices, especially your smartphone. It is among the most critical things an individual must do when relying on electronics to store valuable information.
Fortunately, there are numerous ways in which you can back up your apps, files and data on Android devices.
In this ultimate guide, we will look at the fifteen best free and paid Android Backup software for PC computers.
Luckily for us, with Android devices becoming more popular day by day, the application scene for backing up files is getting pretty crowded, so there are several option out there.
Let’s have a look at the top Android backup apps. The list below is in no particular order.
Table of Contents
The “Nero” brand is a popular option in the software backup and optimization space.
Nero BackItUp is an easy, simple to use software package that can potentially be a treat for amateurs, and best of all it is free.
It has an easy-to-learn user interface that makes it an effortless task for users to back up files (photos, videos, contacts and even call logs) with ease.
The way is works is the following: Connect your smartphone to your computer via WiFi and start backing-up all of your data to your computer.
- You just need WiFi access to start the backup to your PC.
- No other software/hardware needed.
- Dependable restore and backup
- Geared towards first-time users
PhotoSync uses regular WiFi transfer that allows you to share and back up video and photo files from your Android to your computer, between iOS devices, Google, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Android Devices, among others.
It also offers you a chance to transfer massive media files to your Mac and PC, which in turn frees up a lot of space on the device.
This application can transfer photos from PC or Mac to iOS devices, and vice versa. With PhotoSync software, you can transfer photos between devices over Bluetooth, personal hotspot, and wifi, or even upload photos from your computer or phone directly to a photo service or cloud such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and Flickr, among others.
- Wireless transfer, share, and back up your image and video files
- Transfer photos between your devices using wifi or Bluetooth, or personal hotspot.
- Upload your data to photo services or cloud such as Facebook, Dropbox, Flickr, and more.
The two previous software are available as mobile apps. Syncdroid on the other hand is a desktop software that you install on your computer (PC or MAC).
Syncdroid is simple and free that lets you transfer call logs, contacts, camera images, SMS, SD card images, and bookmarks between your Android (or iOS) devices and computer.
The software has both a Windows PC client and an Android application. Using the Android application, you can effortlessly restore and backup Dropbox or SD card images to and from Android devices. And with the desktop client, it is easy to back up your files on your personal computer.
- More than just backup software
- You can also manage your mobile device
- Excellent layout
- Supports both iOS and Android
- Supports both Windows PC and MAC
MobileGo is a commercial app (free-to-try) version of a Windows PC application with the capacity to back up phone data, including contacts, applications, and SMS messages among others.
It also offers you a chance to transfer multimedia files and contacts between your PC and your phone. MobileGo allows its users to manage applications and reply or send SMS messages from the PC.
The Pro version of this application has other unique features, including the capacity to convert video and audio files to a compatible form before transferring them into your mobile phone.
- Easy to use.
- Full device management from the software.
- Includes toolkit to optimize, backup and restore data and devices.
Recovery Android is another desktop application for PC computers. It looks simplistic but it gets the job done effectively. You just need to connect your phone to PC via USB and the software will give you two simple options:
- Smartphone to PC backup
- PC to Smartphone restore
After that, you select which data files you want to backup (contacts, messages, media files, videos, call logs etc).
This app is free for backup of data. However, if you want to restore data, you have to buy a license ($19.95).
- Free to backup data.
- Paid version is affordable (only needed for recovery of data)
- Very simple functionality
This software works in almost all types of Android devices and it is a complete phone management suite (in addition to a backup tool). However, it is not free (it costs a minimum o $29 for 2 phones).
It can connect iPhones to Android phones and PCs through wifi and a personal hotspot. All you need to do is to install an application on a mobile device.
The basic version of this software adds the capacity to read and write data to another android device. This is helpful if you are using Mobiledit to transfer files to another device.
- Provides total access to mobile phone content
- Functional with almost all android devices
- Can even find and remove duplicates in contacts
- Backup of all data of the device.
- Full management of the whole device.
Fonedog is both for iOS and Android devices. This Data Recovery software focuses on the recovery of files from Android and iOS devices but can also backup and transfer files between devices.
The software is highly ranked, as many individuals claim it works incredibly for the backup of different files.
- Extremely fast with a high rate of recovery
- Very safe to use
- Comes with a one-month free trial
- Allows selective backup of files
Currently, smartphones do not come equipped with a PC feature that lets you effortlessly manage and access the files on your phone.
Luckily, if you need a package that lets you control, back up, and manage your Android device, Mobogenie is the best option to go for.
It is a Windows desktop software for controlling your smartphone Android device from a PC. You just need a regular USB cable to connect the phone to a PC and then you can do anything you want, such as backup the device, install or remove apps, access the Play Store, restore the phone etc.
- Full management of phone from the PC
- Full backup and restore from the PC
- Easy to navigate
Mobisynapse allows you to back up most applications and media files from your Android device to your Personal Computer for free. This can be done via local WiFi or a USB cable connection.
It also offers you a chance to transfer applications and media files between the PC and mobile phone, offering syncing options, installing of apps, send/receive SMS from the PC etc.
Besides, the software can also manage SMS messages, calendars, applications, and reminders from PC.
- Backup and transfer SMS, Reminders, contacts notes, and calendars from Android to PC.
- Full phone management tool.
- Monitor of phone resources.
This is a mobile Android app software that allows the complete management, backup, and restoration of files on Android devices via a PC.
It can link up to a mobile phone either through WiFi or USB cable connections. Upon connection, the calendar, contacts, notes etc may be synchronized between your computer and phone. This application also allows the management of the phone within the software, send SMS via the PC, sync to Outlook etc.
- Great for sync between phone/PC
- Easy to use
- Free of charge
- Many people have been using the app for many years with great success.
Syncios consists of various different software packages for both Android and iOS.
It is an application with an easy-to-use transfer tool that allows sharing of files from one phone to another. Also, sharing files from Android to iOS, Android to Android, iOS to iOS, and iOS to Android is all allowed.
This application supports nearly all data types, including call logs, video, music, SMS messages, applications, and photos, without any loss of data.
It is a freeware product. The paid version costs $34.95.
MoboPlay allows you to manage and recover files on Android and iOS devices. With MoboPlay, you can transfer data from a computer to your smartphone and vice versa.
This powerful software will potentially make it easier to manage an Android devices. You can now manage, restore, and back your files, including music, ringtones, applications, wallpaper, and even copy your contacts and use the space cleaner to free up your space.
All of these unique features are supported by the Moboplay backup Android application.
- Available as both a Desktop PC software and mobile app
- Easily share or transfer your videos, photos, and music between mobile devices and computers.
- Sync and organize messages and contacts.
- Trusted by millions of users.
JS Backup is a powerful mobile application to transfer and restore files between android and other devices. It features applications restoring, migration of data, and backing up of contacts.
This application has been designed and made available by Johospace Company from Japan. With this application, you can back up contacts from a phone or computer and conduct also a cloud backup to the many available cloud providers such as Dropbox, Google drive etc.
- Can recover and do backups for MMS, SMS, call logs, bookmarks, and contacts, among others, and perform a schedule restoration of files.
- You can save backup data to SD card or cloud providers.
This is a PC-based device for all Android devices that provides easy-to-use file restoration tools. However, this software does not come at a cheap cost.
It can work with any iOS device or Android device and has a relatively easy and attractive user interface. Upon installation, the software offers you an impressive visual menu bar that outlines all your files by category and offers you a chance to export and import them.
It has two package options:
- Doctor for Android: This is mainly for recovering data from the phone (contacts, messages, photos etc).
- Assistant for Android: This is for managing the device and also transfer and backup data.
This is another full-featured mobile application for backup and restore of files. The application can restore many data types, including call logs, MMS, SMS, and system settings. The user interfaces is relatively simple to use with two main options: Backup or Restore.
You can easily select what you want to backup and then send the data to various destination storage options such as SD card, cloud storage, Dropbox, Google drive and many more.
- 17 Apps Like Spotify (Alternatives) for Music Streaming
- 21 Best Alternatives to Microsoft Visio (Free&Paid) for Diagram Creation
- 18 Best SSH Client Software Tools for Windows/MAC/Linux
- 10 Best Free & Paid Operating Systems (OS) for a Home Server
- 15 Best Free Duplicate File Finder Software for Windows/MAC Computers