With more and more businesses adopting cloud infrastructure to safeguard their critical data, there is also a continued increase in concerns over data privacy and security.
Despite trends such as cloud computing, mobility and virtualization are enabling various ventures to enhance their agility and flexibility at a fast pace, APTs (Advanced Persistent Threats) like Hydraq and Stuxnet are also bringing forth widespread challenges in the protection of information.
With the numerous security threats looming at such a significant rate, it is now essential for businesses to predetermine data breaches and prevent the attacks from penetrating their systems.
Currently, businesses should implement elaborate cloud security measures to establish a strong data encryption fortress. They need to be versatile and use technologies in their setting like file integrity monitoring, intrusion detection, two-factor authentication and much more.
Also, cloud security is an evolving challenge which can be addressed only if the technologies and tools are structured to grow along with it. In such scenarios, numerous organizations are looking for a solution to safeguard their cloud architecture and subsequently relying on various solutions to help them curb breaches.
To help you navigate and identify the right cloud security solutions, herein is an overview of what these systems do along with a list of options for you to choose from.
Table of Contents
What Are Cloud Security Solutions?
Cloud security solutions safeguard data, networks and access by securing connections between cloud-based SaaS offerings and users.
Firms use the tools in enforcing policies, protecting information transmitted through or stored in cloud applications. These provisions offer secure access points, like gateways and sandboxes, for only approved users to not only launch and subsequently run cloud applications in a safe environment.
Administrators can set permissions, manage governance and monitor anyone accessing and using the applications. Numerous cloud security solutions offer data loss prevention provisions and encryption to safeguard further data and documents stored within cloud applications.
Numerous cloud security solutions operate like secure email gateways and secure web gateways. While they may offer similar access points, they also serve to safeguard entire application networks as opposed to email documents or web browsers.
Why Choose Cloud-Based Security Solutions?
Notwithstanding the size of your business, whether a small enterprise or a large corporation, provided you have access to the internet, you remain susceptible to cyberattacks.
As such, there is a need to stay vigilant and safeguard your network from malicious attackers, and among the best ways to guarantee this is to adopt cloud security solutions since they are easily accessible.
These clear solutions help you secure your site as follows:
- Cloud security features improve the monitoring and tracking of attacks compared to non-cloud security solutions. They offer signature and real-time firewall updates, blocking unsafe traffic.
- Offers 24/7 live tracking and security of websites through tech support and encryption
- Aside from network and application scanning, cloud security solutions also enhance website speed performance through enabling CDN.
Having identified the benefits of cloud security solutions, here are the best five cloud security solutions in the market today.
Cloud Security Solution
CipherCloud is a cloud security solutions company established in 2010. It operates across three distinct models—PaaS, SaaS and IaaS. CipherCloud offers a single platform that secures sensitive customer information across multiple private and public cloud applications without compromising on performance or functionality.
- It provides services across multiple sectors, including telecommunications and government. It safeguards essential cloud applications such as OneDrive, Google Drive, among others.
- It also facilitates data loss prevention, cloud computing as well as related security, cloud encryption gateway, among others uses.
Qualys is a secure cloud security solutions provider which was started in 1999. It provides security to your devices and compliance assets as well as related services. It facilitates data protection through identifying compromised assets and handling them accordingly.
This solution secures your web apps and devices while assisting you to stay compliant through its exclusive cloud-only solutions (needs no software or hardware). The firm assesses threat data to ensure nothing penetrates your system.
- Qualys provides end-to-end solutions such as cloud infrastructure security, endpoint security, web app security, DevSecOps, compliance, among others—ensuring your teams stay in sync with one another.
- Offers reliability and security across both private and public clouds, threat protection, vulnerability management, monitoring, file integrity, among other utilities.
A renowned security firm, Sophos was started in 1985 and offers cloud solutions such as firewall, encryption, web and mobile security, among others. It offers a cloud-based console known as Sophos Central.
- Sophos Central offers runtime protection against attacks such as ransomware, mitigating exploits within the web, preventing external DLLs to load, plugins, java applications, among others.
- Provides security solutions designed to suit email, web, mobile, wireless, web servers and other platforms.
Proofpoint is another cloud-based security solutions provider which offers protection against numerous cybersecurity threats. Proofpoint’s services are customized for all sizes of businesses.
When considering security vectors (holes within a network that provide a leeway for bad actors to access the system), one of the weakest points is email. Proofpoint precisely works on email security management so customers can ensure their systems are free of threats.
Aside from ensuring nothing risky gets in, Proofpoint also safeguards even outgoing data. Furthermore, it also guarantees that while it preserves to avoid loss of data, it comprises no keys for decrypting any information.
- Offers email, SaaS, protection against attacks from typical email attachments as well as a mobile solutions from targeted cyber vulnerabilities.
- It safeguards sensitive and essential business data by providing cloud email security solutions to all sizes of businesses and brands.
SiteLock was started in 2008 and secures more than 21 million websites across the world. SiteLock is a cloud-based security firm which safeguards sites from attacks, malware and other cyber threats.
- SiteLock provides website protection by scanning vulnerabilities, identifying and eradicating malware.
- It safeguards against attacks such as SQL, DDoS and XSS.
SiteLock offers dynamic and static caching, load balancing and a global Content Delivery Network (CDN), thereby boosting and enhancing website performance.
Different cloud security products boast different pricing and features. When choosing an exclusive security solution, it is essential you identify your particular needs and then select a solution that best covers these needs.
However, and most importantly, ensure that the solution you ultimately settle for offers you adequate monitoring and support.
What’s more, if you are a new startup and are yet to identify the precise cloud security solution you can invest in, you can fundamentally start with selecting an effective cloud hosting program. Adequate cloud hosting can also work well in offering you added security from attackers.
Sophie is a marketing specialist at Security Gladiators. A writer by day and a reader by night, she is specialized in tech and cybersecurity. When she is not behind the screen, Sophie can be found playing with her dog.