If you have one Internet connection and lots of computers, Mobiles, PDA, Ipods etc. in your home, how are you going to share Internet access between all of them simultaneously?
How to do this?
Router – It is the instant way to setup easily a Home Wireless Network. All you have to do is to connect the router to the ISP Modem and use Wi-Fi enabled devices to connect to the router if they are within its signal range.
A wired or wireless Router is actually a Layer 3 Gateway, if you know about the OSI Layered Model. Home networks use the Internet Protocol (IP) for either a wired or for a wireless router connection. TCP/IP is the defacto network communication protocol (it is the OSI network and transport layer). TCP/IP Routers like DSL or Cable Modem Routers connect a Local Area Network (LAN-Home Network) to the Wide Area Network (WAN) of the Web (i.e the Internet)
* A Broadband Internet Connection (I recommend a High Speed Broadband connection. Otherwise, there is chance to face problems regarding file downloading).
*Wireless Network Card which should be installed on each computer that you wish to connect to the wirelesss network. Most devices are already equipped with an embedded wireless card.
* A Wireless Broadband Router
Advantages of a Home Network Router
* For Sharing your Internet connection between more than 2 computers.
* For sharing Printer and other Computer Peripherals.
* Sharing Game consoles and other Home Entertainment Systems.