Pingdom originally was a Swedish monitoring SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company and later on was acquired by SolarWinds (a popular network management and monitoring company).
Pingdom provides a variety of services, including website up-time monitoring, website analysis and alerts in the event of downtime or other issues, site-related reports, speed testing of your website (i.e how fast the website loads etc).
Though Pingdom is probably the most well-known of the website monitoring companies around, many other online options are offering high-quality and similar services besides Pingdom.
Here are 11 of the best alternative website monitoring SaaS providers besides Pingdom. Note that the list below is in no particular order.
Table of Contents
- Instant Downtime Alerts
- Multi-Channel Notification
- Free Public Status Pages
- Global Locations for Website Status Checks
- Multi-User Logins
- Sprout: Free service, offering 50 checks, no option to add checks.
- Blossom: $11 each month, billed each year, 60 checks. Able to add more checks and to try for free. 12 Months Data Retention.
- Garden: $36 each month, billed each year, 80 checks. This can be tried for free too, and it can have checks added to it. 24 Months Data Retention
- Estate: $72 each month, billed annually, 100 checks, with the option to add more. Can’t be tried for free yet.
- Time reports for server response and uptime.
- Email reports on a monthly, weekly or daily basis. Look up the history of website uptime.
- 30 global locations can monitor your website.
- Limitless capabilities to monitor transactions, HTTP(s), Ping, TCP, Real User Monitoring (RUM), Email, DNS, API, SSH and more.
- Alerts are sent via push notifications, SMS, Twitter, web-hooks and email.
- Website virus checks.
- Basic: $15/month (billed annually) or $19 billed monthly, 21-day free trial available, 10 checks, 4-month history retention
- Superior: $49/month (billed annually) or $60 billed monthly, 21-day free trial available, 60 checks, 12-month history retention
- Business: $89/month (billed annually) or $110 billed monthly, 21-day free trial available, 100 checks, 24-month history retention
- Enterprise: $229/month (billed annually) or $285 billed monthly, 21-day free trial available, 300 checks, 24-month history retention
- Uptime Monitoring—Test availability globally with HTTP, TCP, DNS, SSH, PUSH, PING, HEAD and SMTP
- Server Monitoring—RAM, Disk, CPU thresholds-exceeded alerts
- Domain Monitoring—Alerts for domain renewal or domain name record changes
- Page Speed Monitoring—Monitor page loading speeds globally
- SSL Monitoring
- Virus Scanning
- Free: 10 Uptime Tests, 1 Page Speed Test
- Superior: $20.41/month (billed annually) or $24.49/ billed monthly, 100 Uptime Tests, 15 Page Speed Tests, free 7-day trial available.
- Business: $66.66/month (billed annually) or $79.99/ billed monthly, 300 Uptime Tests, 30 Page Speed Tests, free 7-day trial available.
- Enterprise: Scalable monitoring capabilities. Customizable plans and features such as continuous check-rates and enhanced support options. Contact StatusCake for pricing options.
- Assess webpage’s Total Page Size, Total Number of Requests and Page Load Time
- Run monthly, weekly or daily tests of your webpages
- 7 countries and 28 servers: USA, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, India and the UK
- Mobile webpage optimization, fast loading on all devices
- Device Simulation, screen resolution simulation etc
- All priced plans save 15% when billed annually, discounts for 6-month or quarterly cycles
- Basic: Free, 3 Monitored URLs, 20 Daily API Credits
- Bronze: $14.95/month, 10 Monitored URLs, 100 Daily API Credits
- Silver: $49.95/month, 20 Monitored URLs, 500 Daily API Credits
- Gold: $149.95/month, 50 Monitored URLs, 1500 Daily API Credits
- Custom: Fully customizable for monitored and saved URLs, Daily API Credits and unlimited Saved Filters
- WebSite monitoring
- Server/Application Monitoring
- Network Monitoring
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Root Cause Analysis
- Reports & Alerts
- REST/SOAP API monitoring
Separate plans for Website Monitoring, Application Performance Monitoring (APM), Infrastructure and Managed Service Provider services.
All-In-One Plans Include:
- Free: No time limit, Monitor Uptime – 5 URLs/Servers | Email Notifications
- Pro: $35/month (billed annually), 40 basic monitors, 500 MB logs
- Classic: $89/month (billed annually), 100 basic monitors, 1M RUM Pageviews/10 sites
- Elite: $225/month (billed annually), 250 basic monitors, 1 GB logs
- Enterprise: $449/month (billed annually), 500 basic monitors, 500 SMS/Voice Credits a month
- Options available for enterprise customers who monitor over 50,000 servers/websites per account.
- Performance Test—Test reports show user experience and performance metrics
- Web Page Analysis—Optimize webpage through SEO, Security through Performance and 130+ quality control measures
- Performance Synthetic Monitoring—Track webpage speeds and detect slowdowns
- Paid service only. If you opt to be billed annually, then you get 2 months free.
- Business: $68/month or $57/month (billed annually), 1 monitor test daily
- Performance: $427/month or $356/month (billed annually), 48 monitor tests daily
- Configure your plan: $42/month or $35/month (billed annually), variable monitoring
Uptime Robot Features:
- Check website with ping, keywords, TCP ports and HTTP(s)
- Get alerts via voice call, Telegram, Microsoft Teams, SMS, push
- Downtime verification
- Customized notification settings
- Specify times to not be monitored
- Use REST API to perform practically all tasks
Uptime Robot Pricing:
- Free Plan: 5-minute monitoring intervals, 50 monitors
- Pro Plan: Ranges from $5.50 monthly or $4.50 (billed annually) for 50 monitors to $746 monthly or $649 billed annually for 20,000 monitors
Service Uptime Features:
- Monitoring Frequency—Capable of monitoring a service through a variety of intervals, from every minute up to every hour
- Variety of Contacts Supported—Notifications of webpage service outages and statuses over SMS and email
- Variety of Ports Monitored—Monitors PING, DNS Servers, Web Page, IMAP Servers and many other types of servers
Service Uptime Pricing:
- Free Monitoring Service: One monitoring service check every half hour or hour, Lifetime Statistics available, Uptime and Performance Reports (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)
- Standard: $4.95/month (2 months free with annual billing), 10 monitors, 3-minute interval checks
- Advanced: $9.95/month (annual billing: 2 months free), 20 monitors, 2-minute interval checks
- Professional: $52.95/month (annual billing: 2 months free), 110 monitors, checks every minute
Site Uptime Features:
- Monitoring—Multiple, global servers run tests on certain intervals every day to ensure constant accessibility
- Alerting—Notifies you if more than one location detects webpage downtime via SMS or email
- Reports—Tracks webpage failures and logs uptime/downtime reports
- Available monitoring options include HTTP web server, DNS, FTP, SSL, Email services (POP3, SMTP) etc
Site Uptime Pricing:
- Free Plan: 1 monitor, uptime reports, public statistics page
- Standard Plan: $10/month, 3 monitors, statistics download
- Pro Plan: $20/month, 6 monitors, Public Status Page
Host Tracker Features:
- Problem Detection—Detects site issues globally at certain intervals
- Alerts—Many free alert options for webpage issues or downtime
Host Tracker Pricing:
- Free: 30-Day Trial, 100 URLs, 10 contacts
- Webmaster: $14/monthly or $9.92/month (1st year), 10 URLs, 5-minute interval checks
- Business: $29/monthly or $18.25/month (1st year), 25+ URLs, 1-minute interval checks
- Enterprise: $99/monthly or $9.92/month (1st year), 150+ URLs, 1-minute interval checks
- Sever Monitoring—URLs, FTPs, many server-types
- URL History—Track webpage history
- Ping Intervals—2-minute, frequent webpage monitoring
- Content Checking—Monitor content to thwart hacking attempts
- Free: 50 URLs, 5 servers/FTPs/ICMPs, 10 parameters per server
- Premium: $5 a month, 100 URLs, 10 servers/FTPs/ICMPs, 20 parameters per server
- Advanced: $20 a month, 200 URLs, 50 servers/FTPs/ICMPs, unlimited monitoring history
- Variable monthly rate, Unlimited URLs, Unlimited servers/FTPs/ICMPs, Customizable features
- 21 Sites Like Reddit – Here Are Some Alternatives and Similar Sites
- 14 Sites Like Shopify – Best Alternatives and Competitors for ecommerce
- 16 Best Sites and Apps to Watch Youtube Videos Together with Friends
- 20 Best Audible Alternatives for Listening to Audiobooks Right Now
- 20 Best Sites Alternatives to Aliexpress for Cheap Online Shopping