It has been over a year now that I have transferred all of my websites from a shared Hostgator account (Baby Plan shared hosting package) to a managed VPS server from wiredtree.com. Specifically I have purchased their Managed VPS1000 option which offers the following specs:
Main WiredTree VPS1000 Specs:
- 1024 MB Guaranteed RAM
- 100 GB Disk Space
- 3000 GB monthly bandwidth
- SSD Accelerated disks for caching and acceleration (tremendous improvement in website loading time and response).
- 4 dedicated IP addresses
- cPanel / WHM for easy management of server
- Fully Managed solution (you don’t have to install or manage anything).
- ServerShield security hardening of your VPS server including security protection tools like Advanced Firewall (CSF) for firewall and brute force protection, Spam Prevention and Antivirus, HTTP intrusion and Denial of Service Protection, Security Audits, continuous software updates etc.
- 24×7 Service Monitoring so you don’t have to worry if your VPS is down.
- 24×7 Phone and Help Desk support
- 100% Node Uptime SLA
- Many more features
Traffic Handling Performance
When I was using shared hosting from Hostgator, there were several occasions that my websites were throwing an “Error 500 Internal Server Error” message which was caused by excessive traffic to the shared server.
Especially whenever I was sending an email broadcast to my subscribers asking them to check out an article I have written on my site, the whole website was inaccessible because of the sudden increase in traffic from the email subscribers.
Now, with my wiredtree VPS server I never had such an outage problem. It can handle all of my traffic with no problems.
Website Loading Speed
Website loading times have also improved considerably. It seems that the SSD Accelerated disks (SSD = Solid State Drive = much faster than normal disks) make a huge difference in your website speed performance.
See this article here from wiretree which explains the benefits of SSD acceleration. As you might know already, Google likes websites which load fast, therefore you will have an SEO benefit from increased website speed performance.
As a security and I.T professional myself, I always take my websites’ security very seriously. I know that a hacker or a malware infiltration in my sites can be devastating.
So one of the main factors that I was looking at when evaluating webhosting solutions was the security features offered from the VPS provider. WiredTree ticked all the right boxes regarding security.
A hacker can get into your website either via the webapplication (e.g via wordpress for example) or via the webserver. The security tools and features utilized by Wiredtree will make your VPS webserver as bulletproof as possible.
ServerShield is developed by Wiredtree and is a unique and comprehensive software security and optimization suite that is provided free of charge to all customers.
When Wiredtree installs your server for the first time, the server is hardened and several security protection tools are installed, including advanced firewall, spam protection, antivirus protection, Denial of Service protection etc.
The last 1 year that I have been with Wiredtree, they have already updated my VPS operating system and other software (kernel, cpanel etc) several times in order to close security holes that were identified in the software.
This proactive approach to security makes me sleep at night without worrying that my VPS will be knocked out from some malicious hackers. See more Security Features of Wiredtree here.
My overall Experience with WiredTree
In a few words, I’m EXTREMELY SATISFIED!! Their support team is like never sleeping!!! Whenever I open a support ticket with them, they usually answer back and resolve my issue within 1 hour!!
Moreover, I enjoy faster websites with SEO benefits, reliable server, and most importantly a secure environment to host all of my sites.
If you are thinking to move your websites from another hosting provider to WiredTree, You can have a look how I did it here.
- 9 Website Design Lessons We Learned During the Pandemic
- Top 6 Alternatives to GoDaddy Web Hosting Service (Updated 2021)
- Bluehost Shared Hosting vs. Namecheap Shared Hosting (Updated 2020)
- 5 Fool-Proof WordPress Security Tips For New Bloggers
- Bluehost Shared Hosting Comparison 2020 – Basic or Plus or Choice-Plus or Pro