Are you trying to find a way to keep your old landline without missing out on current technology? While millions of people rely on smartphones to conduct business and keep in touch, 40 percent of US households still have a landline installed in their homes.
Rather than doing away with what some prognosticators see as a dying service, Voice Spectrum Phone Service allows us to use this capability in new and innovative ways.
What is Spectrum Voice Phone Service?
This is phone voice service that uses VoIP technology to power your fixed telephony needs.
It bypasses outmoded land-based calling infrastructure, such as copper wiring, and allows you to tap into modern and broadband functionality.
It works by routing your phone calls through the same Spectrum modem that transmits your home’s internet or cable TV service.
With this improvement, you will have a unified connection to your home, clearer and more reliable voice service and be able to use your traditional telephone devices in your home network.
You’ll also enjoy added features and functions that were previously unavailable to traditional landline users.
Spectrum even offers this connectivity to business owners through their Spectrum Business and Enterprise Solutions.
The service is provided through Charter Spectrum™ and it’s available in 41 states.
Now, you may be wondering if there’s any additional equipment or retrofitting needed to use Spectrum phone services. The short answer is “No”. This service works perfectly fine with your existing infrastructure.
All you need is a regular touch-tone phone connected to your existing home phone copper wires and wall phone jack.
Spectrum will provide you with a special modem that supports voice ports. Usually, this same modem is also used for the Internet connectivity as well.
The disadvantage of the above is that Spectrum will charge you a rental fee per month. You can buy your own phone-capable modem if you want and save on rental fees (you need to talk to Spectrum first to verify which models are supported by them).
You can even take the modem with you if you move. However, failure to return it to them in the event that you discontinue their service for any reason will result in a fine that will be added to any remaining balance.
What You’ll Get With Spectrum Voice Phone Service
Now that you’re familiar with what Voice Spectrum’s phone service is, you’re probably wondering what it does. What comes in the box, so to speak?
In addition to crystal-clear phone service and unlimited calling plans, you’ll have access to a range of features and exceptional functionality. We’ll go over the many benefits in a little while.
Spectrum Voice Features
Spectrum Voice phone service offers users features that you’d expect to find in a phone service, but you’ll also access many that weren’t possible with your old land line, such as:
* Multiple phone lines: Two phone connections are available with the basic service, with an option for more lines if you need them.
This is an ideal setup for home-based business owners and large families. There is no limit to the number of phones you can connect.
If there is a jack and a touch-tone phone in every room, you can connect them to the service at no extra charge.
* Caller ID: The caller ID that’s built into your touch tone phone will work seamlessly with this service, but you’ll also have the ability to know who’s calling if you’re on the other line or see your caller ID displayed on your TV screen.
* Blocked calling: Whether you’re tired of being harassed by an ex or telemarketers, the ability to block calls is a blessing.
In fact, Spectrum Voice service provides several ways to avoid unwanted callers that includes blocking:
– International calls
– Collect and third-party charges
– 900/976 numbers
– Outbound caller ID
* Battery backup: Because this service relies on your local home electrical power, outages may result in service disruptions. However, you can install their battery backup feature and receive up to five hours of talk time or 8 – 24 hours of standby service.
* Security systems: This service works with home security infrastructure like ADT as well as home monitoring systems like Life Alert.
* Wire maintenance plans. This low-cost add-on means savings on service calls and repair bills. You’ll also ensure that you have technology that’s always current.
* Other features: In addition to the above-mentioned features, you’ll enjoy more than a handful of useful functions that include:
– Online phone manager to access, update, and manage address books and voice mail. You can also use this function to add or delete features.
– Three-way calling
– Readable voicemail
– Call waiting
– Standard and selective call forwarding
– VIP ringing
– Speed dial
– Repeat dial
– Call tracing
– 911, 211, and 411 calling
– Do Not Disturb and Nomorobo
Bundles and Plans
In order to use Spectrum Voice, you must bundle this service with a new or existing internet or cable TV service. The rates are much better than most stand-alone landline services and mobile data plans.
Pricing and Cost
You’re probably thinking “All of this sounds great, but how much will it cost me?” You’ll be pleased to learn that Spectrum offers several affordable tiers of service for both domestic and business calling, including unlimited overseas calling to a number of growing list of countries.
At the time of this writing (2021), the following subscription plans are available:
- Spectrum Triple-Play (Internet, Voice, TV): From $103/month (for 1-year).
- Voice + Internet: $63/month (for 1-year)
You can add International Pay-per-call or unlimited calling for just $5 per month extra.
Benefits of Installing Spectrum Voice Service
In addition to allowing you to receive calls at home through your existing infrastructure, adding Spectrum Voice phone service to your internet or cable TV bundle provides users with several advantages over landlines or cellular service alone.
Just imagine …
* No more service blackouts or dead zones. Believe it or not, there are still areas of the US where cell service is unavailable or unreliable. By combining internet or cable connectivity with your existing phone accessibility, you’ll be able to enjoy the same reliability and reach as a mobile phone anywhere you live or work.
* Clarity and reliability. Because this service uses your internet or cable connection, you’ll have the same clarity and speed without dropped calls or service interruptions.
* No contracts. You can add or remove this service at any time with no penalties or hassles.
* Cost savings. You can try Spectrum Voice phone service for 30 days and get your money back if you’re not completely satisfied. You’ll also enjoy savings from a range of plans that are designed to fit your budget and expected activity level. They’ll even buy out your existing contract with another provider when you switch.
Best of all, no more long-distance, roaming, and other charges or hidden fees.
* Exceptional customer support. Customer service is available 24/7/365 via several platforms. That means help is usually just a call or a few clicks away no matter where you’re located.
* Added reach in the time of COVID. Remote work and school mean more people sharing networks and phone systems. With Spectrum Voice Phone, your home or business will have an additional platform to remain connected. You’ll also avoid going over your mobile data plan and easily accommodate multiple users.
* Cost savings. With prices that begin at just $5 a month, your phone service has never been more affordable.
Final Thoughts About Spectrum Voice
You don’t necessarily have to ditch your old landline in the digital age. By using services like Spectrum Voice Phone Service, you can still have reliable connections at home without allowing technology to pass you by.
The advantages of using this service are several, and there are very few drawbacks. Check it out and let us know how Voice Spectrum works for you.
Frequently Asked Questions About Spectrum Voice Phone Service
Sometimes, you just need a few quick answers to some basic questions. If you’re looking for the TL;DR version, here are some answers to frequently asked questions about Spectrum Voice Phone Service.
Is Spectrum Voice a landline?
Yes and no. Spectrum Voice phone service is sort of hybrid in that it combines current VoIP technology with existing communications infrastructure to provide seamless, reliable phone service via your existing home phone wiring and touch tone telephone.
Access is installed through a phone jack and transmitted by your ISP using the same connection line as your Internet.
This allows users to enjoy faster calling speeds while experiencing fewer issues with dropped calls and service loss. However, your calls are never exposed to the public internet.
How do I activate Spectrum Voice?
Activation is pretty simple. You just plug the power cord and coax cable into their respective wall outlets and connect the cords to their respective ports on your Spectrum Voice Modem. Then, connect your phone to the same modem and you’re in business.
What does Spectrum Voice include?
The biggest incentive to use Spectrum Voice service is the unlimited local and long distance calling. However, there are 28 additional features that make this platform a great investment in home or business communications.
* Voice mail
* Call forwarding
* Call blocking
* Free international calling
* Call waiting with an option for call waiting ID
* Caller ID that’s viewable on your TV screen
* Do Not Disturb
* Three-way calling
* Call trace
* Much more
Does spectrum voice include a phone?
No. Spectrum Voice Phone is a service that’s available to use with your existing cable modem and regular home phone.
Can you get Spectrum Voice as a standalone service?
No. Spectrum Voice phone service is available as an option with existing Internet or cable TV service. It can only be bundled with these services.
I was looking for list of feature codes. SUCH AS *60 *80 ect…..not what they want to do for me. SO FAR they ARE NOt blocking calls