Artificial intelligence technologies, the concepts of the Internet of things, and smart cities are the most discussed topics of our time. This is already the 21st century Internet reality.
But what about predictions for 2030 and beyond? Where are we going, what risks and threats we may face, and what are the ways of overcoming them?
The Internet has simplified many things but posed even more difficult and risky challenges. But let’s understand this issue step by step.
Table of Contents
- Stages of Internet Development
- What Technologies Should Be Expected by 2030?
- What Are the Threats of Modern Technology?
Stages of Internet Development
Now the Internet seems to be a commodity, but let’s remember what it was like at the beginning of the 21st century and compare it with the current state of affairs.
Here is a brief history of how the Internet has been gaining momentum since 2000.
- 2000: The average site load time was 16 seconds. It took about 20 minutes to download the audio.
- 2002: Until the advent of the iPhone is 5 more years left, people did not think about using the Internet from mobile devices. The average Internet use per day is not more than 45 minutes. There were about 3 million sites.
- 2003: WordPress meets the world.
- 2004: It was a special year that revolutionized communication technologies. The first social network (Facebook) appeared.
- 2005: The world discovered YouTube and Reddit.
- 2006: Twitter appeared on the Internet.
- 2014: Google and the Browser community provide the ability to use the Internet safely with HTTPS.
- 2016: Users Meet Google Assistant. This is the starting point for creating chatbots. People use mobile devices to go online more and more often, video watching and streaming becomes popular.
- 2018 was the year of chatbots development and the rise of digital marketing.
- 2019 was marked by the augmented reality and artificial intelligence developments.
- The main technological trends of 2020 are still AI, machine learning, their integration into the business process, and even everyday life. Also, telehealth technologies are starting to be developed.
So, the Internet replaces many everyday processes in people’s lives. It is perfectly expected that the Internet will develop and modern technologies will be connected with our lives more and more closely. There is already an interesting forecast for the next 15 years. Find out about it below.
What Technologies Should Be Expected by 2030?
Based on the forecasts of the Institute for the Future of Humanity, the following technological changes are ahead.
1. Network Reality
Experts are confident that in the next 10 years, the use of digital technologies will cease to go beyond smartphones, televisions, and other well-known equipment. Cyberspace will become a kind of wrapper of physical reality.
This technology will begin to spread in many industries, Such as trade, construction, and medicine. However, it is worth waiting for the boom of the success of this technology and then it will be able to adapt to almost all areas and industries.
If we consider medicine, then this is one of the leading industries that are already successfully using virtual reality technology. Also, the neurocomputer is already becoming interesting to many business leaders.
2. Digital Ecosystem – Connected Transport
Now we already have self-driving cars that need only partial human control. By 2030, all vehicles are expected to be replaced by unmanned vehicles.
With future use of IoT technology, a change in freight transportation could be expected too. Companies will be able to optimize their production while maintaining the environment.
3. Cities Will Be Digital
Cities will become more alive with the help of their own network infrastructure, which will consist of smart objects, self-contained systems, and analytics based on artificial intelligence. The digitalization of cities can already be observed in Dubai.
For example, solar energy is used to provide the city with water and electricity. To get, use, and distribute this energy, many IoT sensors, and smart applications are already in use. They allow to track and predict consumption as well as a malfunction and receive timely information about breakdowns.
4. Agents and Algorithms
Everyone will receive a personalized operating system service for life. Such a system can foresee the needs of people and help in all everyday places. Agents will provide real help and save the time of owners.
5. Communication Oriented Robots
It is expected that robots will become partners of people in every sense and will help expand human capabilities.
Such robots will exchange real-time data and knowledge in their own social network. Robots will help find innovative solutions and move all progress forward.
For example, such robots will help in areas that involve service. Which in turn will hit the need for some professions, but thereby will not expose people to excessive stress in such areas.
What Are the Threats of Modern Technology?
“All the great opportunities and advanced technologies open up tremendous opportunities. Nevertheless, such opportunities involve serious risks and threats.”- says the CEO from Pick The Writer. Focusing on the forecast described above, several threats that will keep up with the new technologies can be identified.
Today’s users are already confronted with an acute security issue. Organizations around the world are vulnerable to cybercrime as the amount of data and, accordingly, its value increases. Over the years, security assurance has become an increasingly complex and costly process.
“It is important for all companies to keep information safe, especially when it comes to providing online services. All online business owners hope that every year the issue of data security will not be aggravated, but rather achieve improvements.” – says the CEO from Writing Judge.
Unfortunately, many studies show that it is difficult for organizations to resolve security issues right now.
Many professionals and business owners are very concerned about the future of data security, and today protection from these risks is partially possible with the best Linux firewall.
The human factor is always significant. This will not change either after 5 years or after 10. All innovations and technological processes usually frighten society, which becomes a real brake on progress. And this is a crippling problem of humanity.
For this reason, in addition to introducing new technologies, it is necessary to develop the right awareness and preparation of people for changes.
Let’s recall the panic of mankind regarding the fact that 5G will become the source of all diseases or about total control with the help of chips.
Robots are already in use at 21st-century manufacturing. And everything goes to the point that sooner or later we will encounter a huge number of ethical issues that Isaac Asimov described in his books 70 years ago.
What will happen if robots become smarter than us? What happens if robots do all the work without exception?
What is their legal status and how to teach robots to understand ethics and philosophy? Isaac Asimov came close to a clue in his fantasies, but humanity has yet to do this.
The main purpose of the technological process is the development and improvement of the quality of people’s life.
The above forecasts are also aimed to improve the lives of people in the updated network world. But it is important for everyone to properly prepare for future progress and be able to adapt to these changes.
Mary Hunter is a successful American freelance lifestyle blogger with advanced writing skills. She currently works as a contributor and journalist at writing services review sites such as PickTheWriter and WritingJudge. Also Mary is trying her best in developing her own blog. Mary had experience in editing, marketing, and her works appeared in different publications and website articles. From 2015 till the present time she has been studying at William Paterson University on a faculty of Philosophy. Her main goal in life is not to set up any goals and keep working every day.
- Modern Barcode Scanning in the Supply Chain: What to Expect and How It Helps
- 5 Tech Industries That Proved Essential In Lockdown
- 6 Ways Technology Could Help Us During and After Lockdown
- Artificial Intelligence – The Two Edges of the Same Sword
- 12 Twilio Competitors & Alternatives for SMS and Communications API